unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Todays AHA experience!

My gorgeous and adorable Grandson Mason

I had no idea what I was going to write tonight as I have had quite a few things going through my head. I am really enjoying this blogging thing. I just thought I would share that with you all. I know it has probably been written before but I will say it again in my words.


I AM NORMAL - I AM NOT ALONE - I AM INTERESTING - MY IDEAS COUNT - WHAT I THINK IS JUST NOT ME - WOW AND DOUBLE WOW - THERE ARE MANY OTHERS WHO THINK LIKE ME AND THERE IS A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE OF LIKE MINDED PEOPLE - THERE IS A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE OF INTERESTING PEOPLE TO LISTEN AND LEARN FROM AND SHARE MY VIEWS WITH.


I WISH WITH ALL OF MY HEART THAT MORE PEOPLE TALKED AND CHATTED AND SHARED LIKE THIS IN THE REAL WORLD AND NOT JUST ONLINE.

So as part of this Aha experience I have been revelling in over the past few months, I would like to set myself a challenge. I will challenge myself to blog with people in real life - real talking to others I meet and relate with on a daily basis as I do on my blog. I have a tendancy to clam up and not speak what I feel and believe. I don't need to get all dogmatic or anything like that but I would like for me to be a little more open and transparent so that others can get to know the real me and then in turn they will gradually let me see the real them. I tend to only do this with a few very close friends and even then I hold back. I bet as I speak and am honest and transparent I will discover that just like in this blog world there are many others out there in the real world I live in that have things in common with me and that they have intereseting stories to tell and lesssons to teach me. I hope this doesn't sound like you are not all real to me because you are real people with wonderful lessons and stories to share. This is more about me being real and believing in myself that I am not boring and that I do have something to share with others. This is about filling in the gaps for people and not expecting them to read my mind or double guess my actions or my beliefs. When writing on my blog I can reread what I have written and I can play around a bit to get the message across that I am trying to say. Usually I just write and it doesn't get changed much but the changes I make and the additions I make can help clarify a point I am making. I clam up in real life and not explain things very well and I think it is because I worry that people will not be interested in what I have to say and that if they disagree with me then I might not be able to explain my point of view very well. Anyway I intend to try this out and I will let you know how I go.


Taking those first steps - just think of how determined we are as children and we hadn't learnt the words Can't or Failure or Give Up. It is a miracle watching him grow.


I was just reading my favorite blogs and would like for everyone to take a look at the site called Healing Morning and a blog done recently entitled Care Packages. This is such a beautiful read and if you haven't read it yet I would say go there and take a look. It was so timely what Dawn wrote. I was in the middle of printing out a poem for my eldest son and I had found an article in a magazine that I thought he would find inspirational. I do this fairly often and I also sometimes just print of a picture and a little note for friends as well. So I suppose this is a care package.


It got me to thinking about the Ripple Effect of these care packages. I can imagine my son feeling chuffed as soon as he got mail. My son has few friends that he can spend time with (due to making some drastic life changing decisions on the direction of his life) and has only just started in a job. He can get quite lonely as we live 4 hours from him. We talk on the phone constantly and I admit that sometimes I get tired of listening and being leaned on. I am only human and the feeling passes quite quickly and I just keep on encouraging and telling him how proud I am of his improvements. Anyway a letter in the letterbox is thrilling to anyone I feel at the best of times. So the ripple effect starts there. He feels good about receivng mail and that his Mum is thinking of him. He gets even more inspiration from what is sent for him to read. He is probably heading of to his new job and he will definately impact on others he works with today as well as the customers he comes into contact with. Just think of all the good you do when you do something to make someone feel good about themselves. I am in awe of this concept and am going to go and have a lovely long hot shower and dwell on these thoughts.


Just as a recap on my day - it has been 24 days since not smoking - I am doing fine today and rewarded myself today with some splurge money and bought some much needed knickers and some slippers for my daughter and a lovely coffee at a coffee shop with her.


I have done pretty good with my eating plan and last but not least I did some excercise in my garden today and got the sweat going.


So my day today has been WORTHWHILE. I haven't wasted my day - I have eaten well and tried to look after myself by not smoking and doing some excercise - I spent quality time with my daughter - I told my husband about 10 times how much I love him - I sent a care package to my son - and just generally put out good vibes to any that came near me today.

Peace to you all,


Wendy

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. I try to keep it real on my blog and in real life. I'm more than happy to just talk to people and be open to hearing how they are. I suppose many are just too concerned with themselves to bother?

    Good luck with your continuted non-smoking days. Proud for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    I love your little poem and what you have to say is really important, so don't be afraid to not only write it, but say it! It sound like you are moving in a very positive direction. That is wonderful and congratulations on 24 days of no-smoking and your exercise and eating plan. It's only going to keep getting better for you..I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post. So many great, thought-provoking ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not here to comment on your post ~~ lol

    Just wanted to say in front of everyone " I Love You Sis "

    OK Nuf said

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy I find what you have to say an inspiration and sometimes it is just what I needed at that time in my life, or that time of day. Sometimes I am the same in that I would rather just be quite and not say anything just in case what I have to say is not what others want to hear. Taking inventory of myself can be an uncomfortable and even a painful experience but it is necessary if I want to improve. This is how I see and evaluate my attitude and self-image. How I treat other is a big big part of myself talk. My values are Principles, purpose, Convictions, Ideals and Beliefs. You have great principles and beliefs. I love our talks, you are in inspiration to my motivation and the goals I want to reach in my life. To me you are so focused, happy and successful in most everything that you tackle and take on. This is why I know you will be successful in giving up smoking and your eating regime. I find you have to be flexible in your path as it is never straight and predictable. You must be able to modify your strategies and adopt your action plan when changes occur. The destination on your road map is the outcome. Thank you for just being you. Your cousin Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Parsley - your postcard has been sent.

    Thankyou Katherine for your support

    Thankyou Andrew for being my Brother

    And last but not least thankyou Patti for your wonderful words of encouragement and for reading.

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.