unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Fantastic Parents and That Kind Of Stuff




Well I finally decided to write. I didn't even go near my computer for four days except for specific work related issues and then turned it of immediately once I had finished what I had to do. You see I had my parents visit me and that was just so much better than being online. I missed you all, I really did, but my Mum and Dad visiting for a long weekend was just a wonderful break. I absolutely cherish the fact that I genuinely enjoy their company. We talked, we relaxed and read quietly, we discussed differnt issues in the world, we played scrabble on mor than one occcassion, we visited family and wandered around the shops. By anyone elses standards it would have been downright boring but I have to tell you that that is not the case to me. I have no idea how I will cope one day without them. They are like a soothing balm to my soul and I am so thankful that we have this relationship and I know that they are thankful as well. So many of my friends do not even have a parent alive or they do not speak to them or visit with them or have any sort of relationship with one of their parents or both in some cases. I cannot imagine me missing out on them in my life and I want to soak up as much of them as I can, while I can. Anyway just wanted to say where I have been the past few days.

If you get bored with reading at least skip to the bottom now and read the poem I have added for you today........ this is a long post................

Then I got back online and read up on the blogs I am following and it was like a HUGE AHA and WOW moment that lasted hours last night. I had to go away and really think about all of the things I had read. So much flow happening at the moment and so much for me to take notice of.

I will share just some of the things that have stopped me in my tracks and shown me that I am on the right path and that all these things happening in my life are all tying in together. I have no idea where exactly it is all heading but I have been shown clearly enough on what to focus on.

A few posts ago I wrote about the saying Mick and I use of "Just Keep Swimming" from the movie Finding Nemo. Well this is a bit hard to explain but I went online and went into Katherines blog "Lessons from the monk I married" and started to catch up on the past four days or so of posts I hadn't read. One after another they touched me and absolutely floored me with how completely in touch they are with what I am being shown at the moment and I then went to post a comment to Katherine and when the word came up for me to type in to post it was actually "DORIE". Now I know you might laugh at me but it was a huge wow moment because Dorie is the one who says "just keep swimming".

Then I read Consumption Rebellion and had another moving moment. Again a little story needs to be told to explain. On the weekend we all were sitting around and reading our horoscope in the Sunday paper. It was a bit of a laugh and joke but when I read mine I felt a bit uptight about what it said and was a bit touchy. It basically said that I needed to be generous for the universe to be able to give back to me. Now I sat there and thought about it and said how I am generous and how more generous can I be. Blah, Blah, Blah. You get the picture. Poor Me Pity Party going on there for a while. Then I put it out of my mind until I read this post on GENEROSITY. Well that explained it to a T. I now get what I am being told and I will now dwell on this and go further with it. I had to immediately go up the road after reading this and get a lady up the road who is a JP to sign some paperwork for us. She is a fulltime volunteer and so is her husband. They give so much to this little community and they are genuiunely such nice people. She again asked me to come up and join them. This is a whole other post to write but before I moved to this area and started working from home I had promised myself that I would start giving some of my time to help the elderly who are stuck at home and have no way to go shopping or have no one to visit them. I have done nothing about this since moving here and procrastinated continually with one excuse or another. Time to do some serious actions and stop the thinking and planning. Just DIVE.

One of the posts recently read was on being patient and learning to wait. What a timely reminder on so many levels in my life but especially with my daughter being due for her first baby and the little one is due now so could come at any time within the next two weeks. A real test in patience for me as I have to help her be patient - so leading by example is the only way.

Oh I could go on and on but I won't. Just know that I thankyou. All of You. The sharing you all give is absolutely priceless and you will never know all the ripple effects you all have on the peoples lives that read your words.

Today is DAY 31 of not smoking. I am just about to go into my second month of non smoking tomorrow. I am doing fine. I have no desire to have a smoke. I don't want one but believe me this mind is a tricky thing and keeps trying to tell me that a smoke will make me feel calmer. A smoke will make me feel better. I DON'T THINK SO. All I can do is turn this mind game thing into exactly that - a game. I actually laughed at myself the other day. I am glad I was on my own. I was talking to myself and laughed at myself and then got offended at myself. How silly.

If you liked a post I wrote a few days ago about online friends then you might want to take a look at a post on the blog "Healing Morning". I have added her to my watched blogs and her recent post about friends online is a very interesting read.

Anyway I think I will leave you with a poem that I like from Gary Ord's Australian Friendship Book.

THAT KIND OF STUFF

If you would be a man, sir,
And not a jelly fish,
You'll have to cease your longing,
To pamper every wish.
It may be fun just longing,
But longing's not enough,
You'll need a bit of courage -
It takes that kind of stuff.

When dreams you have been weaving
Come crumbling down to earth,
It's nature's way of proving
A man - and what he's worth;
Perhaps you know the reason,
But that is not enough,
The answer lies in courage -
It takes that kind os stuff.

And though your heart is breaking,
And like a lump of lead,
Just test the metal in you,
By forging right ahead;
If you would be a man, sir,
Then longing's not enough,
You'll need a bit of courage -
It takes that kind of stuff.


By Hope Spencer

3 comments:

  1. Just keep swimming my friend. I'm so happy you are making your daily goal of not smoking. You are a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you took the time to be with your parents Wendy. I too have been thinking about my parents lately and how I need to spend more time with them, for I don't know how long they'll be with us. It's not something you like to think about, but it's inevitable. Thank you for the timely reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post especially "THAT KIND OF STUFF", the last paragraph just made me cry because I realize that my heart breaks on a daily basis and I just have to keep trying to "forge ahead". Thanks for that poem.

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.