unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Thursday, March 11, 2010

APPRECIATE THE RAIN


I don't have a lot to write tonight. Update of not smoking is DAY ELEVEN and going strong. Big pat on the back to me.


How I made my day WORTHWHILE - spent time visiting my daughter - spoke to my wonderful brother on the phone and then my awesome mother. Kept my chin up and also was kind to myself. Generally today was good.
This picture is one I found of my Mum standing beside a huge tree in the desert. Dad where was this taken again? Was it Camerons Corner?


And just a short comment on the rain we have been having which I was making the mistake of complaining about




Human vanity is best served by the reminder that,
Whatever our accomplishments,
Our sophistication,
Or our artistic pretensions,
Humankind owes it’s very
Existence to a six inch layer of top
Soil
and the fact that it rains.
(Author unknown)



1 comment:

  1. I appreciate what you are writing here at your blog and what you share. I am following you now and I would love to have you visit me at my blog, comments are welcome.

    Aine
    http://theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.