unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Bliss Of Yoga


Today is DAY FIVE of not smoking. I thought I may have eaten poor Mick alive a few nights ago. Night times are still the hardest but at least I am of my butt now and looking for things to do. I am going to start on some craft projects I have wanted to do for some time now and never have the energy or inclination to start them let alone finish them. Will keep you posted.

I saw your blog Andrew and that picture is great. Just write on it and that's it. PROBLEM though is as all of this is so new I don't know how to leave a comment and neither does Dad - whats the deal? HELP required.

I just read the blog "lessons I learnt from marrying a monk" - click on the right hand side. Her post today is so true. Not just for me but for everyone. I am so inspired all of the time from my Mum and Dad. They are always moving and not letting their bodies petrify with old age. They are more active and fit that I am and that was a large part of my inspiration to do something with my life and stop wasting time. Make it WORTHWHILE. Read my first Post on here and that explains the WORTHWHILE bit.
I will list EVERY DAY at least one way that I made today WORTHWHILE. How I didn't waste the day given to me. How I made the most of it. How I not only appreciated it but was actively involved in living my life and making it count. Count to me - not to anyone else. So that at the end of the day I can sit back and say I am moving forward or maintaining a balance but definately not moving backwards.

A few days ago I was speaking of searching for what is my BLISS. One thing has come to my mind that has always moved me to the core and that is YOGA. I love the feeling I get when I practice Yoga. The description in the blog I just read sums it all up perfectly. So this is the first thing I need to persue to find my BLISS. Yoga classes and Yoga at home.
The second thing that I thought of is walking in nature - bush walking. I really miss this part of my life. I used to go walking quite a lot and over the past years I have always put those days to the wayside and let all the other things I do come first. The funny thing is that walking in nature is something that brings me joy and a feeling of BLISS at the end of the day and it also is excercise and moving my body. I did arrange to do the Noosa cliff walk a few Sundays ago but it was raining cats and dogs that day. I am going to write a list of walks in the area that I want to do and post it on here in the next few days - then as I do each walk I can tick it of and write about that day. No set time limit and no set agenda just a simple list to help remind me of what I enjoy doing and that it is a very good idea to include this activity in my life as it brings me so much pleasure.
Anyway I had better stop there as I think I could talk all day.
Peace and Love to you all,
Wendy


3 comments:

  1. Hello Wendy,

    I just popped over from Rhonda's blog and I just want to wish you every success with your non smoking. Don't forget to give yourself a little gift for your achievement each week. I also love to do Yoga and am wanting to find a good teacher down here. When I lived in Sydney I felt wonderful after my Yoga practice.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail - it was nice of you to offer some encouragement. This week my reward was a few new shirts to wear to the Gym when I start back on Monday. I feel I can breathe a little better already so next step is Gym. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember Sis ... " There Are No Ordinary Moments " ... You influence, inspire and guide more souls than you realise by just being you and doing whats right !

    Love Ya Heaps

    Bro

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.