unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Friendship and camping photos

Hi to all,

Above is a photo of my pineapple growing very well indeed. It is getting well and truly ready to be eaten.

Camping was wonderful and I enjoyed the friendship of my husband for a long weekend. It was bliss. This weekend coming I will be enjoying the friendship of my two closest girl friends. We have been friends for many many years and we are catching up for a weekend together. Lots of talking, giggles and of course dancing.

Friends - so easy to let the times slip by and not follow up, catch up or spend time with our friends. Always to busy. Got other plans. Whatever. Find the time I say. Find a way. I am so guilty of this and I don't want to be any more. There is so much truth in the above quote on the value of friendship.

Sunrise - Kinkuna National Park

Kinkuna National Park

We found a sea snake on the beach and put it back in the water. It had been hit by a car. I don't know if it survived but we tried.

Moon rising over the ocean - we just sat back on our camping chairs under the stars and watched the moon come up. It was beautiful and this photo does not do it justice.

View from our camp site. This is low tide.

Looking down the beach at low tide. It just seems to go on forever. Look at the colour of this sky. It just seemed enormous.

Sunrise from our camp site. Just beautiful.

Beach flower

Shadow Play

More Shadow Play

Sunlight On Sand

Driving onto the beach

Driving into Kinkuna National Park - long sand track

2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos. I agree with you on friendship. I recently posted and compared friends to flowers. They must be tended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy

    Glad to see you had a lovely camping weekend. Great photos! And your pineapple is coming along in leaps and bounds. It will be sad to see if decapitated. :(

    Talking about friendship, my best friend Cheryl has a quote in her scrapbook which I think sums it up. I can't remember the words exactly, but it's something like this...

    "Life's greatest treasure are people, not material things."

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.