unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

If I Were


If I were
If I were a month, I would be the beginning of spring - September in my lands
If I were a day of the week, I would be Monday - the beginning of the week
If I were a time of day, I would be 7am in the morning
If I were a planet, I would be an undiscovered Earth still in it's natural state with no signs of abuse
If I were an animal, I would be an elephant in the wild on my undiscovered Earth
If I were a direction, I would be South
If I were a piece of furniture, I would be a beautiful timber kitchen chair
If I were a liquid, I would be pure honey (Hubby already thinks I am)
If I were a gemstone, I would be a Ruby
If I were a tree, I would be a Redwood
If I were a tool, I would be screwdriver
If I were a flower, I would be a Daisy
If I were a kind of weather, I would be a sunny day in spring
If I were a musical instrument, I would be Bongo drums
If I were a color, I would most definately be RED
If I were an emotion, I would be love
If I were a fruit, I would be a mango
If I were a sound, I would be a baby's laughter
If I were an element, I would be warm organic sweet smelling Earth
If I were a car, I would be any car that was shared by a group of people to reduce cars to 1 per 10 people
If I were a food, I would be a Warm Thai Chicken Salad
If I were a place, I would be my home with open doors for people to visit and come to rest
If I were a material, I would be 100% pure organic cotton
If I were a taste, I would have to be Chocolate
If I were a scent, I would be the scent of Jasmine in full bloom in August (in my lands)
If I were an object, I would be a pen and paper
If I were a body part, I would be legs and just keep on walking
If I were a facial expression, I would be a smile
If I were a pair of shoes, I would be a pair of comfortable sandles to wear on my favorite spring days

A meme that been going around. No idea where it started. I saw it on the blog Wanderlust and was inspired to reply. ( Kristen from Wanderlust also ran a great Blog about being yourself in Bloggers In The Buff so my photo at the beginning is my contribution to that. ) My brother has done his own and you can see ideas on his blog The Soap Box Truth.

What about you? What would you be? I would love to see what your words would be. I think it is a very interesting excercise in self discovery. I didn't think to much about the answers. I just let them come to me quite quickly.

7 comments:

  1. If You Were ~~ But You Are !

    I See The Truth

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy

    You always have and will always be an inspiration

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, love your answers, especially the undiscovered earth (how lovely that would be!) and a baby's laughter (what sound more pure and beautiful?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all for your comments and for taking the time to read this post. Thanks especially to Wanderlust for starting the idea. My hubby actually read mine and then wrote his own. I will post that one in the next few days. It was cool to get him interested.

    Rach - thanks. That meant a lot to me. I wish you could see how inspirational you are as well. Love, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, I like your responses, I find a lot of similarities with what I would choose, which I find interesting and cool! I'm glad to be getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to get to know you as well Aine. Glad you had a great birthday. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.