unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Little Walk Around Yourself .....


A LITTLE WALK AROUND YOURSELF

When you're criticizing others and are
finding here and there
A fault or two to speak of; or a weakness
you can tear;
When you're blaming someone's meanness
or accusing one of pelf -
It's time that you went out to take a
walk around yourself.

There's lots of human failures in the
average of us all,
And lots of grave shortcomings in the
short ones and the tall;
But when we think of evils men should
lay upon the shelves,
It's time we all went out to take a walk
around ourselves.

We need so often in this life
this balancing of scales,
This seeing how much in us wins and
how much in us fails;
Before you judge another - just to lay
him on the shelf -
It would be a splendid plan to take a
walk around yourself.

Helen Welshimer
Well I hope everyone enjoyed that little poem I came across. I was going to write a little about this topic but personally I think this says it all and what it misses out you can catch on Parsley's blog.

Stay vigilent everyone as this nasty thing of judging others is insidious and creeps into our thoughts without us even noticing sometimes. Be more interested in yourself and what you are doing than in what others are doing. That is their business and not yours and if they stick their beaks into your business then you would quickly tell them to please butt out.

Wendy's words of wisdom for the day. Only because it happens to me.

Cheers and wishing you all a Thrilling Thursday,

Wendy

7 comments:

  1. Great poem Wendy! and yes...wonderful words of wisdom. :)

    I just finished watching 'Gifted Hands', and I've wiped my face now, thank you very much. It was so touching. It's given me material for my next post.

    Thanks for all the inspiration Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking the same here. I appreciate the lovely poem. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, this is a beautiful poem, thanks for posting. I've been thinking on this topic the past two days after reading something nasty on someone else's blog that rubbed me wrong, taking a person to task for a comment they made in the media. I thought it silly. We all make off-hand comments. This person's happened to be caught in print and so was judged. But who among us is perfect? We all make off-the-cuff remarks, but that doesn't mean those remarks define us. Yes, let's just worry about tending our own gardens and let others worry about theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Helen's poem, so very true!

    Wanted to stop and say hi.

    My latest inspirational postings are, “Pure Love,” “Peace of Mind,” and “Simple Gesture.”

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ron - Glad you liked the poem - I will take a look over at your site - Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poem reminded me of a saying I have heard in the past...

    Every time you point a finger at someone else, three fingers are pointing back at you.

    Greetings and well wishes from Las Vegas, NV!

    Elle Lyzette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Elle - your Mum was wise - thanks for the comment and I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.