unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Friday, February 15, 2013

A little effort and sooooo much pleasure......




Valentines Day - I went along with the "no buy" gifts for this day. I just wanted to show Mick that I was thinking about him. I am forever disappaointed when I eat out - Mick and I like my cooking. I planned a three course meal and decorations for the bedroom with a few cute little chocolates spread over the bed. The menu I planned was finished of with a dessert that I knew would be a hit with Mick. He loves chocolate and peanuts together. He came home from work with a lovely bottle of wine for me and we sat and watched the sun set and then had a leisurely meal together and listened to music and talked for ages.......

All the recipes have been added to the recipe pages at the side. I only do this if I really like something enough to consider making it again. Everything was perfect. We had a lovely evening together. Awesome company and great food. Great music and conversation.

Curried Parsnip Soup - mmmmm

Mushroom and Spinach Puff Pastries
Awesome salad with homemade yoghurt garlic dressing

Caramel and Vanilla Iceceam Sundae with homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce and sprinkled with crushed salted peanuts.  Oh my goodness......


Simple table setting - that runner down the middle is wrapping paper I had in the craft cupboard. I wrote a few saying on it for Mick to read. "Your heart has captured my soul", "You wrap me in your love" and "You inspire me to try"

Anyone that knows me knows that I love lady beetles - I found these cute little chocolates and used these along with some chocolate hearts to decorate the bed.


I made a heart banner and hung that up....

This was such a great salad and dressing.



I used some napkins that my Mum and Dad bought back from their trip to England. Not much point keeping things - may as well enjoy them and use them.... The heart lolly pop was from Mick to me....

We gave each other a card....


And on another note this is the produce I picked from the garden yesterday - think we will have beans and baby squash with our meal tonight. And another cucumber salad......

2 comments:

  1. I love cooking meals for people!! My husband and I had to work late on Valentine's Day, but I cooked him a nice breakfast and he had decorated the place when I came home from work. A few days ago, my writing group came over and I cooked. I decided not to go to the store and just used what I had. It's amazing how creative one can get with what's on hand. I LOVE what you did with the wrapping paper, etc. How lovely. And how nice for your husband to get such a special home-cooked meal on Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine - I love doing what you did with your cooking. I do it each day just about - look at what needs to be used that day and also what I feel like and use that first. Cheers, Wendy

      Delete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.