unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

LOVE IS LIKE A RIVER....





Love is like a river
never straight
never boring
never predictable
you think you
have it all
figured out
and then
around the next bend
there are rapids
turmoil
unease
scary love
then it calms down
and the river of love
glides peacefully
calmly
and envelopes
you both in it's peace
and tranquility
around the bends
over the rapids
through the calm
yes
love is like a river.

I found a blog. I have no idea now how I got there. I was meandering through blogs and looking at the blogs that that person follows and then I stumbled across this blog called Carry On Tuesday. Pop on over and have a look. Each week a new prompt is added and you can write a poem using the prompt as the first line. Have a read of her blog because it explains it better than that and I don't need to double up. So above is my poem for the week using the line - Love is like a river.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting poem with lots of detail and descriptions for the prompt on Carry on Tuesday.
    nicely done,
    Isadora

    here's mine:

    http://insidethemindofisadora.wordpress.com/201/08/30/love-is-like-a-river/

    ReplyDelete
  2. invite you to share a Haiku or a poem of your choice to poets rally week 51 today.

    a free verse or a haiku is welcome.

    keep up the excellence!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments. I will go over and take a look at both your sites. Cheers, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your words flow like a river of flowers.
    beautiful.


    Greetings: Glad to visit your poetry island to enjoy your talented writing today.

    Hope all is well….

    We are celebrating one year anniversary, wish to invite you to join us today, first time participants are encouraged to share 1 to 3 random poems or Haikus with us today,

    Hope to see you in!

    You Deserve The Best!

    Bless your Tuesday!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.