unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Friday, August 26, 2011

I WANT TO GO TO ITALY

Map of Italy

I want to go to Italy. I have just read a truly lovely book called FINDING VALENTINO by Angela Di Sciascio. Just a beautiful read. You can read more about the book and her journey below on her website.

I WANT TO GO TO ITALY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Angela Di Sciascio

All of the below pictures are taken from Angelas website and there are plenty more to look at if you visit this site.










I really love this one.

Now back to reality
There will not be any trips to Italy. I am going camping locally next weekend for three days. Not sure that I can count it as a dream vacation but it is getting out of the house and that will be wonderful.

I have had a house full for months and months now. Actually it started in March and has not really stopped. My daughter has been spending the past week with me. Her partner and my gorgeous grand daughter are with her. it has been great to have them here. Tonight a very special friend arrives. Mick is picking him up from the train station at the moment. Graeme and I have been friends now for over 25 years. it will be nice to catch up.

I have been sewing and this is a little something I put together for a birthday present for a lovely young lady. it is her 6th birthday in a few weeks and this is her present. I know she will just love these gifts.

Notepad and pen folder. I picked up a Betty Boop pillowcase at a second hand shop for 20c. I was very lucky and it was in very good condition. So half was used to make this notepad and pen holder. I just love this. I covered the excercise book in holographic silver wrapping paper - cheap at $1 for the roll of which I used only a smidgen of - and put some letters on for Samara's name and put a few colours pens in it.



I used the bottom half of the pillowcase to make her a library bag.

This is my bowl of napkins. I picked up so many gorgeous napkins/serviettes at the same second hand shop. I don't buy paper serviettes. Just wash when used and put back in the bowl.

And last but not least - a picture of my husbands cat - Jimmy Beam - curled up in Micks shed. Mick took this and bought the camera upstairs and said he thought it would be a cute photo for my blog. So here it is. And it is a cute photo.

Cheers to you all, leave a comment to say you been visiting me.

Wendy.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I have been dreaming of an Italian vacation too Wendy, but it is not in the works for now:) We are going on a Caribbean cruise in December and I am looking forward to getting away for a bit. Love those serviettes, I love the cloth ones too:):) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reality..Italy...I was suppose to go this year but my travel buddys Mum inlaw is ill, so we have postponed till next year. thanks for visiting my blog Wendy, its lovely to meet new people in blogland! Jen R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kala - I think we will see some awesome new paintings inspired from the Carribbean. Can't wait. I did have a lovely weekend - Thanks.

    Hello Jen - Well if you have a trip planned to Italy then it will happen sooner or later I am sure. Thanks for following - Pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.