unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dancing on the tables and letting my hair down

Oh my goodness - you have to take a look at the link to the a new blog I have just discovered thanks to my daughter sending me a link. I have just read one of her posts out loud to my husband and we had tears in our eyes from laughing. Brilliantly original and honest and hilarious.

crappypictures


I took this picture at the pub on the weekend. I just really like this shot.

We set up camp out the back of Apple Tree Creek Hotel. We had a few beers and then headed of to the pub for our night out.

We saw Phil Emmanuel and the pub band Flame. Awesome night out. I have so wanted to get out and dance and sing the night away to loud music and in a very friendly pub - and that is exactly what I got to do.
 Bloody Awesome. We - not just me - stood on the tables to see the show and danced ourselves silly and laughed and just let our hair down. Well I did. Both the men I was with have bald shaved heads.

We also went into Childers on the Sunday morning to have a look at the Childers Festival of Cultures. That was so much more than what I expected. There were a lot of market stalls, live entertainment, different foods and of course crowds of people. By 11.30am I had had enough of the crowds though. I am not into huge crowds and when I can't walk around comfortably, I find it is time for me to go. I was absolutely gob smacked to see how many more people were coming in as we were leaving. Well done to a small country town for drawing in such a crowd of visitors to their little neck of the woods.

Cheers till next post, Wendy



1 comment:

  1. Wendy, thanks for the link to that website, hilarious:) Looks like you had such a fun night and I thought you looked great as Ma Baker:):)

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.