unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Monday, July 11, 2016

Love At First Sight - a poem

Love At First Sight.
Wendy House 9/10/2011

It was love at first sight,
but I never said or thought it would last.
I know myself better than that.
I know I fall in love so easily
and how easily the next sparkle can move me
in a new direction.
I held you in my gaze,
I imagined touching you,
wearing you,
feeling you.
I had no control.
I stepped through the door,
I took a deep breath
and asked to see you
and it was definitely love, love at first sight.
And I tried you on.
I twirled and fluttered,
and opened my purse.
I then went on home
with my new dress.

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Wendy I love the title of your blog also. Ned and Judy coming today for their art day so best go and get ready. Have an awesome day.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful Wendy I love the title of your blog also. Ned and Judy coming today for their art day so best go and get ready. Have an awesome day.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for leaving a comment Marnee... I am sure that all will go well today. I am looking forward to hearing about it all...

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.