unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

ENTHUSIASM FOR YOUR LIFE AND INTERESTS

I BEGAN TO REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS TO BE AN ENTHUSIAST IN LIFE.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SOMETHING,
NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, GO AT IT FULL SPEED.
EMBRACE IT WITH BOTH ARMS, HUG IT, LOVE IT
AND ABOVE ALL BECOME PASSIONATE ABOUT IT.
LUKEWARM IS NO GOOD.

- Roald Dahl
Miss. Froggy goes a shopping - gift I made for my Aunty who collects frogs for her garden.

I was wondering about what to write about today. What is the one thing that stood out to me the most on todays journey?

I am currently in the final hours of sorting out all of my office and play space... my paints and play things.... my books and my space where I create and rest and work.

Up went new curtains that were gifted to me by my mother's friend. White with a lovely silver pattern. They make me feel cocooned. A lovely gift.

Up with my gift to myself of a gorgeous white and silver dream catcher which is now directly above my bed and it glistens in the daytime and tinkles when a breeze blew through the window today.

Out with the old desk and small office chair.... these were put on the footpath with a sign that said "Free"..... and in with the new larger higher office chair and computer desk with much more space on it to spread out. These were gifts from our neighbours across the road.

"Flow" washes through this story... two mornings ago I was taken by surprise when talking to Mick and I burst into tears and said I didn't like where my computer was and I felt trapped in the corner of my room. The chair was uncomfortable and very low to the floor and when my knees are hurting it was quite a difficult chair to get out of. This little teary session took me by surprise but I am currently taking Australian Bush Flower Essences so I understood and was just kind to myself. I got a hug from Mick and went about my business of the day. Not four hours later Mick comes back from helping the neighbour and asks would I like a new desk and chair that they are giving away. The perfect chair - the perfect desk. "FLOW" rushing through my life that day.

I purchased a few new folders for business files and I choose a new colour each financial year and this year I chose pink.... My office is looking pretty and feels nice to work with.

The final pile of papers and bits and pieces is my poetry / anthology books. I collect poems that speak to me and move me and I write them as well. I have got a little side tracked reading them this evening. I have decided that this is a passion I am going to allow space and time for in my life. I love to art journal so I will begin art journaling my anthologies... and it's just for me. The odd person may look at them - I am getting better at sharing my poems but generally this is something for me that gives me simple joy.

So this is a reminder that you can make things, enjoy things and pursue an interest even if it is only seen and enjoyed by you alone. Somehow this feels decadent as we are generally taught to give our attention to what can be viewed and appreciated and utilised by others BUT that is a misconception. So go ahead like me and if you have a private passion - enjoy the decadence and luxury of allowing yourself that gift.

I came across the quote written above and I really wanted to share it with you today.

What point is there to LUKE WARM living.... a life without ENTHUSIASM....

and "what is bliss sublime for me - endless boredom is to thee" (from The Naked Buddha, Venerable Adrienne Howley)

So what are you ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT?

Cheers,
Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Wendy you've given me sooo much food for thought :) Deb

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.