unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Opposite of Shame is PRIDE and HONOUR and RESPECT



Painting I did my friend for Christmas gift. I had not posted a photo. First time I did an acrylic painting like this. The back ground is ink. I loved the background.



Water colour - first water colours I have ever done. I really enjoyed doing these paintings.

Not perfect but I like this - camping on the beach and looking towards Noosa....

 

This is water colour pencils - this is the first time I had ever attempted to draw/paint the ocean and the waves...
 



 




Where to start...

Well its been a few days. Up to day 7 to be precise. Pleased to say that I have so far kept up my 21 day challenge for doing one thing - lemon juice every morning in glass of warm water. I have also taken to putting the remainder of the lemon juice into a jug of water and drinking that throughout the day as well.

I have meditated each day except one. AND what a difference this makes. I enjoy a relaxation meditation more than a visualisation type meditation. I cant quite do unicorns and fairies and things. I even struggle with waterfalls and long walks through forests. It just does not work for me. In saying that I have come across a meditation from Dr. Lissa Rankin (more on her later). It is healing mediation and quite interesting coming from a doctor as she really gets into the body parts and healing. I enjoy that. And the best thing is that I feel absolutely great afterwards and can feel the healing warmth throughout my body.

My favourite though is a meditation I did with Jillian at the Bauple Spiritual Centre. I got a copy of that of her and it is what resonates with me so strongly at the moment. I am listening to this for a second time while I write. THETA meditation. I love this. No talking. I just say to myself on each inhalation and exhalation. Peace. Calm. Love. Healing. Joy. Health. Healing. Yesterday as I sat there for half an hour I actually felt like I was flying/soaring above mountains full of dense forest. So green and lush. It was such an amazing feeling and I couldn't help but smile. Huge smile with no one else around. I started to stop myself and then I just went with it and the smile got bigger and bigger and I could feel my face pulling tight and then I actually laughed out loud. That was cool. Something that has never happened before. I felt JOY. My hands were resting on my legs and I actually could not feel where my hands started and my leg began. The only other time I have felt that is when I have been in a Float Tank.

The thing with this meditation is that it really helps my body relax and the pain of arthritis seriously eases. It works for me. I know this.

Yesterday was such a slow day. I awoke today feeling a bit out of wack. I am not sure how to put this. After lemon juice daily and green juice as well over the past few days and less coffee and lots of water, I would say it is a detoxing. Took me a few hours to work it out. So I am being kind to my body and going with the flow. I have not done to much. I have spent most of the day just studying and writing in my journal.... listening to my Soul and the Universe.... making good food, taking a nap.

A few days ago I signed up for Dr. Lissa Rankin 40 Day Whole Health Challenge. Mondays email came through and the days challenge was to join a group/community. Then I remembered that Monday night is meditation night at the Bauple Spiritual Centre. I can be so stand offish and I put so many barriers up and glass walls etc. So Mondays challenge to myself was to let those guards down. Not run late. Be there early. Be prepared to talk and not hide behind my barriers. Listen and learn from everyone there attending and just enjoy and go with the flow of being with other like minded and open minded people. Definitely not get hung up on words. We all use different words for the same thing. I use Universe for God. I use Soul for Spirit or Intuition or Inner Pilot Light that covers the invisible part of me.

This 40 Day Whole Health Challenge had a recorded session in the first day to listen to. I will go into this more each day but today the main thing I want to share is that over the past weeks and months the Universe and my Soul have led me to explore and be aware of my self limiting beliefs. To explore what they are and to get a handle on what they are. I have asked for help and guidance. Today as I was listening to this recorded lecture the audience - me - was asked to close my eyes and go back to to myself as a child about 7 years of age or so. Then to ask that child what hurt you? What happened to give you that belief about yourself and the world? Then we were to think immediately of the first word or phrase that came to our minds without interpreting it. Write it down. At first I had a thought about a happy bike riding along the streets outside our home. Nothing came to mind immediately of anything bad. My first reaction was as usual to say in my mind that that's a lot of hogwash. Nothing bad happened to me. Then I remembered. I can even remember the teachers name. Mr. Tricket. I was in Grade 3. Early on in the school year. I have no idea to this day why or how I took it but I had taken a new notebook of another girl and taken it home and covered it in alfoil. Of all things alfoil. I don't even know where that idea would have come from. Anyway the teacher pulled me up in front of the whole class and called me a thief and made me cry and sit in front of the whole class as a theif and lier. I didn't steal. I don't steal now. I abore theft. I cant actually understand why I did it at the time but the bottom line is that it definitely was not handled in a loving and teaching manner. But do you know what - the word that comes to my mind immediately then is SHAME. She explains that this word sums up one of my inner beliefs about myself and how I relate in this world.

And this is so very correct. My whole life has been about shame.

The next thing we are encouraged to do is to find the exact opposite of what our word or phrase is.

For me the opposite of shame is PRIDE and HONOUR and RESPECT.

My whole life has been a struggle with accepting when I do something well. Pride has always been something that I will show to others but never to myself. All those words in my head about not being good enough, dont get a big head wendy, don't say to much because I don't want others to think I am big headed..... my goodness.... such a lot of words and thoughts.

So that is what I have been pondering the past few days.

I will be back again tomorrow.... thanks for listening...


This is the creek at the back of our property on the boundary. Was dry and hardly any water a week or two ago. After some lovely rain it was flowing beautifully again..






And the dam is full. Took only two days and 200mm of rain to fill it. It was just a puddle of mud in the bottom. We are so lucky to have the run of into this dam that we do. I will take some photos of how green everything is turning. You can see from this photo how very brown everything was....





AND FURTHER READING IF YOU INTERESTED - This is an email seen to me and I copied and paste it here - just though this little email was quite thought provoking....


Experience of a man who worked in Sweden detailed here vividly:
"It's been 18 years since I joined Volvo, a Swedish company. Working for them has proven to be an interesting experience.

Any project here takes 2 years to be finalised, even if the idea is simple and brilliant. It's a rule.

Globalized processes have caused in us (all over the world) a general sense of searching for immediate results. Therefore, we have come to possess a need to see immediate results. This contrasts greatly with the slow movements of the Swedish.

They, on the other hand, debate, debate, debate, hold x quantity of meetings and work with a slowdown scheme. At the end, this always yields better results.
1. Sweden has 2 million inhabitants. 
2. Stockholm has 500,000 people.
3. Volvo, Escania, Ericsson, Electrolux, are some of its renowned companies. Volvo even supplies NASA.

The first time I was in Sweden, one of my colleagues picked me up at the hotel every morning. It was September, bit cold and snowy.

We would arrive early at the company and he would park far away from the entrance (2000 employees arrive in their car to work).

The first day, I didn't say anything, neither the second or third days. One morning I asked him, "Do you have a fixed parking space? I've noticed we park far from the entrance even when there are no other cars in the lot."

To which he replied, "Since we're here early we'll have time to walk, don't you think that whoever gets in late will need a place closer to the door?" Imagine my face.

Nowadays, there's a movement in Europe named Slow Food.
This movement establishes that people should eat and drink slowly, with enough time to taste their food, spend time with the family, friends, without rushing.
Slow Food is against its counterpart, Fast Food and what it stands for as a lifestyle. Slow Food is the basis for a bigger movement called Slow Europe, as mentioned by Business Week.

Basically, the movement questions the sense of "hurry" and "craziness" generated by globalization, fuelled by the desire of "having in quantity" (life status) versus "having with quality", "life quality" or the "quality of being".
French people, even though they work 35 hours per week, are more productive than Americans or British. Germans have established 28.8 hour work weeks and have seen their productivity driven up by 20%..


This slow attitude has come to the notice of USA, the pupils of the fast and "do it now" brigade. This no-rush attitude doesn't represent doing less or having a lower productivity. It means working and doing things with greater quality, productivity, perfection, with attention to detail and less stress.
It means re-establishing family values, friends, free and leisure time.
Taking the "now", present and concrete, versus the "global", undefined and anonymous. It means taking humans' essential values, the simplicity of living. It stands for a less coercive work environment, more happy, lighter and more productive work place where humans enjoy doing what they know best how to do.

It's time to stop and think on how companies need to develop serious quality with no-rush that will increase productivity and the quality of products and services, without losing the essence.

In the movie, "Scent of a Woman", there's a scene where Al Pacino asks a girl to dance and she replies, "I can't, my boyfriend will be here any minute now." To which Al Pacino responds, "A life is lived in an instant." Then they dance the tango!


Many of us live our lives running behind time, but we only reach it when we die of a heart attack or in a car accident rushing to be on time. Others are so anxious to live for the future that they forget to live the present, which is the only time that truly exists.We all have equal time throughout the world. No one has more or less. The difference lies in how each one of us does with our time. We need to live each moment. As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
Congratulations for reading this email till the end of this message. There are many who will have stopped in the middle so as not to waste time in this "Globalized" world.--Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.