unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pickled Zucchini and Zucchini Fritters


I made Zucchini pancake/fritters the night before and they were so yummy. See the brown paper scrunched up instead of paper towel. I do not buy paper towel as I think it is a processed good we can easily do without. Mick thought this was a novel idea but I always keep all my brown paper bags - wrapping etc and you can just scrunch up a piece to put fryed food on to soak up and drain of excess oil. I then just throw the paper into the compost bin. I do not cook a lot of fryed food but this works well when I do and looks really cool.

I made Pickled Zucchini (see homemade preservesss). I tasted this and it was so yummy and will only get better with age and the vinegar settling down. Good way to use up extra zucchini. Just add to a leafy green salad.

Can you see the possum in this photo - outside the screen door. He ate my parsley that was in a pot on the steps. Parsley will have to be grown in the covered vegetable garden.

Storm in the distance late yesterday afternoon. Lots of noise and dark clouds but hardly a drop of rain on our patch of dirt.

This is the salad we had with our dinner the other night. I have to be honest - it is no wonder it is hard to eat out anywhere else - when you make food for yourself you can make it just the way you like with just the yummy things that delight you. I am forever dissappointed when I eat out at resteraunt or cafe.

DO ONE THING DIFFERENT EACH DAY
Today I got out of bed at 6.30 and had a cuppa and then went to the local market down the road and a garage sale in town that I had heard was on. I was getting so lazy and even though this is something I liked to do I was constantly making excuses and never getting up early to go to these events. I got lots of goodies. I enjoyed the misty early morning and was home after lovely chats to people by 10.30 this morning. Because I am getting up earlier each day I am finding I am getting into the habit very quickly of being an early riser again like I used to be.

Cheers,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.