unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY



DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY AND YOU CAN EXPECT A DIFFERENT RESULT.
A person cannot expect for things to change if all they do is the same thing over and over again.
You cannot do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different result or outcome.

So that is three ways to say the same thing - I think it could easily have another 100.

So for the past few weeks I have tried to be very vigilent and aware of this mantra. I have tried to do something outside my box each day. Something that maybe years ago came easily and now has to be thought about and is an effort. Something's I have just forgotten to do. I wanted to make a little pact to myself that each day I had to write on this blog at least one thing done differently - one routine moved around - some new barrier broken - sometimes taking big leaps of faith and  other times just trying to change little things. It all makes a difference. So far over the past few days I have
  • just got up and told hubby that I was going to have a cuppa with a friend around the corner
  • suggested and organised for us to go visit a couple of good friends in town for a few hours on the weekend.
  • said no not now to something.
  • shut my mouth and said nothing when I usually would have.
  • actually went to my doctor appointment and listened and acted on this info.
  • actually posted a few birthday cards and on time.
I know that none of these things seem big to others but they are to me. They changed my day around. Shifted my focus. Gave me a different perspective. So the challenge is to be ever vigilent as to what can be done each day differently.




Today was our weekly meeting at the Tiaro Creative Arts Group. Barbara organised for us to paint silk scarves. It was really enjoyable and very addictive as I just wanted to keep making them because it was such a suprise as to how they would turn out. I made two and when I have finished later this week I will post a photo of my two scarves made into a cushion.


Mick planted out two black mulberry trees. I cannot wait to eat the fruit.


I made mayonaise tonight for Mick to use on his lunchs this week. I have got lazy lately and not been pursuing the making of my own store cupboard ingredients. This took less time than it takes to pick it up of the shelf in the store and walk to the register let alone line up and pay big bucks for a jar. The recipe and instructions are on my page to the side of Homemade Dressings.


Rice Pie for dinner last night - recipe in Homemade Main Meals.

Cheers, Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.