unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'M BACK - help me identify my Bromeliad please

 Hello to everyone

I am back in the land of blogging and have to say that I have missed dearly sharing my daily life and some of my thoughts and ideas with you all. I last wrote when I took over the kitchen at a local pub. That has finished - rather suddenly I might add. The pub sold and the new owners are doing the kitchen for themselves which makes so much more sense in a small country town pub. Good luck to them because I had had enough already. Bloody hell - please make sure you smile sweetly and use your manners next time you eat at an establishment like that. It is hard work.

Now back to a much more simple life. Below is a series of photos I have taken of the bromeliad that I was given a pup to about 2 years ago. It started to flower - grew into a magnificent huge red pineapple which apparently is not edible like my other pineapples and then got heavier and heavier on it's long stalk that it fell over and has now thrown of more pups and little pineapple flowers of the main one. I will just let it go and see what happens. I think I will then break of the pups and replant them and let them start all over. If anyone knows what this plant is called I would so appreciate the help. I have no idea.














Talk again tomorrow.

Cheers,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like the pub thing worked out well being sold, especially as you had had enough. Life it too short to be doing something you don't really want to be doing.
    Sorry, I am absolutely no help with the plant. It looks gorgeous but that's about all I can tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruise Mouse. I will keep calling it my strange pineapple plant. Back to doing things around my home. feels good. Cheers, Wendy

      Delete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.