unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Sunday, November 6, 2011

COMMENTING on blogs you read....


One of my Bromeliad's in flower. It is absolutely exquisite - the flower on this plant. I am trying to find out what it is called - any help would be appreciated. I think I will send a photo to the local Bromeliad Society.

It is so spiky this plant - It is hard to even take a close up photo of it. It has pups on the side and I would like to break them of and plant them but I can't get near them to break them of. I will just let it spread and grow to it's hearts content exactly where I have planted Mama plant.

COMMENTS - do you take the time to leave a little comment when you read someones blog post? It is funny but we take the time to read what someone wrote but not to leave a little word to just indicate that you have visited and read what the author took the time to write. I have done that in the past. Read something and then closed out of it and not left a word to say that I read and enjoyed what I read as well. Then I decided that if I spent the time reading something I would take the time to leave a comment.

I have read recently somewhere the request for people not to have the security word to type in when leaving a comment. That it takes too much time. It does not bother me if I have to do the security word. It does not take long. The problem I have sometimes is that I scroll up or down the page and forget to actually do that part and click off the blog page and then realise that I have not done the word thingy. Oh well.

I just think that if you are the type of person to write blogs, read blogs and follow blogs then you should take a little time and leave a comment. I thought a little LIKE button such as is on facebook would be good but then I thought about that and said to myself that it is the little words of encouragement that count. The little acknowledgements that your words have been read and even if not agreed with they are still acknowledged.

I just find that if I am taking the time to actually read through someones post ( and in most cases it is a blog that I actually have taken the time to follow) this means firstly that this blog and this post have got my attention long enough to read the whole post and secondly that I either agree or disagree, have enjoyed their words about their life, enjoyed their photos etc etc and thirdly that I actually want the author to know that I visited.

I also think that it goes the other way as well. If people leave you a comment on something you have written or photos you have posted surely it isn't too much trouble to leave a small acknowledgement and thankyou for their visit. Sometimes we forget that the comments are a way of having a discussion on the subject written about. You might seriously have way to many comments to answer each one individually but it would be good manners to at least leave a short reply acknowledgeing the fact that so many people have replied. I feel so much closer to the people who write back to me when I leave a comment.

There is one blog that I follow daily/weekly that never leaves a comment in reply to anything I write. The funny thing is that I still look at this blog because I really like the message and photo. It does not take me long to read but sometimes can be quite inspiring. But I am just about to delete the blog from my follow list. I just do not understand why some people post things and then never acknowledge others looking and taking the time to read their words and look at their pictures. If it is private then maybe they should have their blog set on private for themselves and a close few that they wish to share with.

Is life that busy and if you have that many blogs to read that the few seconds - and it is literally less than a minute to leave a quick reply/comment after reading a post - if life is that busy, maybe you need to slow down.

What do you all think?????

My CAMILLIA's are starting to open the hundreds of buds all over them.

The gardenias have also nearly finished so now the camillias will fill my vases for the next few weeks.


Window sill of flowers.

Two of my children with their children. The circle of life.

Just because I think this is a gorgeous photo. I just want to grab a good book and a blanket and lay under this tree for the afternoon. So inviting.

16 comments:

  1. Love all the photos Wendy and always love reading your Blog entries.

    Yes I am the same, I read all the blogs but rarely leave a comment unless it really stirs an emotion with me which is akin to not answering a conversation because you were only half paying attention I guess. ( rather rude )

    So I will listen to your point of view and acknowledge the effort that goes into all these blogs I read.

    DOHI & love ya Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew - I like the way you put that - only half listening - I just think we should go with the rule - treat others as you want them to treat you. I love comments - I love feedback - so I give it in return. Love Ya, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics of your flowers, I usually leave comments but if someone already has 20 or so I dont bother unless Im feelin passionate about the topic. Thanks Wendy for your comments I like reading what others think too xx Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos Wendy:) That bromeliad is gorgeous! As for the comments, my philosphy is that comments need to given freely, just like love:) So, I just write and if people write back that is wonderful, if not, I will still write:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Wendy you made a very powerful message right there. ""Treat others the way you would want to be treated."" Wish more people would think that way. By the way beautiful flowers. Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jen, Kala and Patti. Love the feedback. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Wendy- I love your beautiful flower pictures... adorable grandchildren, too! I agree with Kala. I leave comments b/c I think it's important to encourage one another, but I don't expect anything in return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes! I so agree. There is one blog I can think of, that receives many comments but never replies. I always get the feeling that she doesn't care less what people thought and it strikes me as rude. And small words can make other people feel so good, so why not take the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to say, "Wendy, I think you are wonderful." And thank you for the reminder to leave comments. I haven't had time to visit all the wonderful blogs I usually visit, but I hope when I do, I leave a comment. Lovely photos of your home. I hope to see it one day. Also, love the new look here! Thinking of you, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy
    Your photos are gorgeous.
    I will always remember that you were the first person to ever leave a comment on my blog, I think on the first ever post I wrote. That was the encouragement needed to get my second post up and running.
    I know that sometimes I am a bit of a 'lurker' on some blogs but I will make a huge effort to be more vocal.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Wendy! Sorry I haven't been around, and I haven't actually read many blogs at all as I don't spend much time on the net as much as I used to. I enjoyed your post and I always enjoy your photos. Especially of your garden and your flowers. That bromeliad is exquisite isn't it? And how gorgeous are your gardenias? Having moved, I no longer own a gardenia bush and I really miss that wonderful scent. I will obviously have to remedy that and plant one. Oh...and I felt exactly the same as you regarding that tree up on the hill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Linda, Bruise Mouse, Kerry and Katherine. I don't know if you will get this reply or not but I wanted to say a HUGE thankyou for leaving your wonderful words and thoughts in my comments. In the next few days I will catch up with each and every one of your blogs. And I will certainly let you know that I visited and read your words. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does feel bad to see that you've had site views for the day but no comments. Zero comments could also mean that those site visits may have been incidental only, or that your content was not enough to maintain a viewer. Perhaps it's time site owners revisit their site's content to make it more attuned to a viewer's eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Matthew and leaving your comment and feedback. Cheers, Wendy.

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I leave comments as a courtesy to the blog owner. It could be a simple “Hi!”, or if I found the post really interesting, I leave a more interactive comment where I share my own thoughts about what the owner said.

    Sage Aumick

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.