unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Show Must Go On...

This weeks prompt from Carry On Tuesday is "The Show Must Go On". Below is my poem using these words in the poem.


The Show Must Go On

It really doesn't matter
whether you want to or not.
It really doesn't matter
how you feel
now...
or later...
for in this life
the show must go on.
Just pick one foot up and move.
Take a step.
Just put one foot in front of the other,
because even though it seems the end
and you feel life has been stripped from you,
the world is still turning.
The lights are still red, amber, green.
And...
The show must go on.

Wendy House 18/10/2011

Kalambaka Greece - Monestry

Hotel - Myconos, Greece

View from roadside cafe - somewhere on Crete, Greece

Coffee in the above awesome view cafe in Greece

I have been busy lately and I have not been giving myself a hard time if I do not write anything much on my blog. I just write when I get a chance and I have something to say. I read those that I follow though and also flip through random sites that others follow as well. I also have a weakness from craft sites and can get lost for hours looking through the clever things other people make.

There is a new cake recipe in my homemade cooking page. It is recipe using 3 weetbix - no butter or eggs. So easy to make and I have made this and frozen slices ready to toast for a snack or breakfast.

I had my fundraising afternoon on Saturday just gone. The Great Cake bake for Red Cross. I had a lovely afternoon and have raised $135 for Red Cross. My target was $100 so that was a great effort.

Cheers,
Wendy

5 comments:

  1. So true, because if you don't carry on, the world will go on without you. There's a lesson in your piece for a couple of people I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so true. What a wonderful write.


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to say, "Get off your duff." Now, if I could only follow simple instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments left. Glad you enjoyed the poem. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.