unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Sunday, October 9, 2011

It was love at first sight.....

Today's post is a poem - written for Carry On Tuesday - the prompt this week was "It Was Love At First Sight".

Love At First Sight.

It was love at first sight,
but I never said or thought it would last.
I know myself better than that.
I know I fall in love so easily
and how easily the next sparkle can move me
in a new direction.
I held you in my gaze,
I imagined touching you,
wearing you,
feeling you.
I had no control.
I stepped through the door,
I took a deep breath
and asked to see you
and it was definately love, love at first sight.
And I tried you on.
I twirled and fluttered,
and opened my purse.
I then went on home
with my new dress.

Wendy House
9/10/2011

Well I hope you liked that. I don't think I have ever written a poem about purchasing a dress. I actually do not shop very often. But I don't think there is a person out there that has not fallen madly in love on the spot when they have seen an item that moved them - in this case a dress. I am sure that even if you are careful about your spending you can still remember a time that this happened to you.

10 comments:

  1. Good one Wendy, had me guessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well sought thinking on love in first sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Very clever. Yes, you can fall instantly in love with ... anything that ignites that flame eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou all so much for leaving a comment. Thankyou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the surprise ending. I'm like you and don't shop for myself much, but I used to back in my single days. I remember...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liked this very much. A nice twist at the end.



    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and yes, it has happened to me, too. Sometimes we think we love something, but after we get it home it quickly turns to hate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely poem, I loved it Wendy:) Yes, I have been there and done that...bought that dress that is:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou again - each and every one of you for leaving a comment.So grateful you read this and enjoyed and then took the time to give me feedback. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.