unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When I Look Into Your Eyes....

Today I put a poem on here for Carry on Tuesday. The prompt was "When I look into your eyes". This poem is for my daughter.




 
Daughter
 When I look into your eyes,
I see strength.
Strength of character
so strong,
and it inspires me.
You inspire me.
Your eyes they spark,
and your eyes they glow.
Life.
Your eyes just dance with life.
And  I know your story,
and I know your past,
and I look into your eyes
and see strength.

Wendy House 14/9/2011

9 comments:

  1. That is lovely and it shows your love for your daughter and how you see her:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it,
    strength is cool to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You clearly have a wonderful relationship. What a lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou all very much. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I always find it amazing how we draw strength and inspiration from those that we are ment to inspire and give strength too ! But then I guess if teh truth is to be told " Monkey see, Monkey do ", kids only learn how to behave and live thier life from examples set by thier parents while growing up so it only goes to reason that as we grow older and tired from the struggle that looking into our childrens eyes is like looking into a mirror reflecting our strong and inspirational youth !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all choked up here - beautiful words, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great poem and so true - the eyes are the window to the soul and you see your daughter's soul through her eyes - what a fantastic mother you are - thanks Wendy. Judy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.