unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Those Were The Days My Friend....

This weeks poem for  Carry On Tuesday - 124 - using the words "Those were the days my friend".

Lloyd

Up until dawn
danced the night away
not once
not twice
so often I lost count.
Laughing till our sides hurt.
Being loud.
Being us.
Partied 'till the dawn showed her colours,
never wanting it to end.
But it did.
Some things just can't go on forever
no matter how much we try.
But those were the days my friend
where awesome memories were made,
fun memories that make me tingle,
make me glow with a smile.
Yes those were the days my friend.
We were good together.

Wendy House
27/9/2011

2 comments:

  1. Nice reflection...there are those days I wish could last forever, but they can't...enjoyed this a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear my days like that also went past me, with some friends so close to have been family, but never was

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.