unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

COMING HOME - home is where the heart is

Below is a poem I have written this week for Carry On Tuesday.
This weeks prompt is "Home Is Where The Heart Is"




COMING HOME

Coming home
driving in the drive
turn off the key
and sit
be still.

Home at last
too many hours
on the road
too much traffic
in that city
too many lights
way to bright.

Home is where it is quiet
Home is where it is dark
Home is where it is peaceful
and welcoming
and familiar.

Home is where the heart is.

Home is also where your heart is.

It's good to be home.

Wendy House 5/9/2011

8 comments:

  1. There really is no place but home. Love this:

    Home is also where your heart is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When there is a loving home, it is definitely the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Wendy, love being home too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou each and every one of you for your thoughtful comments. It really makes me feel good to think others enjoyed what I wrote. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, simply beautiful Wendy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Up until I retired, you perfectly described my daily arrival home after a rush-hour commute. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. home is a place for relaxation and love.

    stellar piece.


    Greetings: Glad to visit your poetry island to enjoy your talented writing today.

    Hope all is well….

    We are celebrating one year anniversary, wish to invite you to join us today, first time participants are encouraged to share 1 to 3 random poems or Haikus with us today,

    Hope to see you in!

    You Deserve The Best!

    Bless your Tuesday!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.