unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Past Week

My friend Debbie and I went  to a party last Saturday night. Gangster party. She went as the cigarette cigar girl. Very popular she was.


I am not sure what I supposed to be but in the end I looked like Ma Baker. It was a fun night.

I bottled up the lemon vinegar for my spray and wipe. It works a treat. It just cuts through the grime on the benchtops and the stove top and brings the sink up sparkling. Get a large glass jar and put all your lemon peels into it. No white - just the peel. Cover with white vinegar and leave for about two weeks and then strain and pour into spray bottles. I just reused old cleaner bottles I had been saving - no more buying spray and wipe in this house again. Saves me a minimum of $60 per year. it does not sound like much but it all adds up. I save over $150 per year by not purchasing tissues and I help the environment as well.


I picked up this awesome urn/pot from the second hand shop for $5.00. I then painted this design on it and put a coat or two of clear laquer over it and wallah!! I have a sexy new pot to put a plant in. I will take a photo when it is all planted up.

This is a picture of my little cactus garden - the little cactus have flowers on a few of them.



Spiderwebs and all on this tiny tiny little flower.

Got no idea what this is but it is going into full flower and the yellow is just so pretty. Beautiful.

This had only four fronds on it when I put it in the ground - it has taken 3 years but I really noticed the other day just how much it has grown.

$2.00 bargain shopping again - This skirt was $2 and if you click on the photo for a close up you can see all the seams and the design of this skirt - it is gorgeous. My friend Debbie then handed me a red top which was only $4 and when I tried them on together they just looked made for each other. I can't wait to wear my new outfit.

I also picked up this little Oshkosh dress for my daughters neice for $4. It is gorgeous and I can't wait to give it to her. It is in such good condition that she will probably then pass it down to my Grand Daughter.

The beer garden has a mexican feel to it this week. I picked up these tablecloths for only a few dollars each at the second hand shop and they look great.

Tomorrow Mick and I and a friend are heading of to Childers for a random last minute weekend away. I was in a little country town this morning called Childers  which is about an hour and a half from here and I saw that this weekend is their annual Childers Festival Of Cultures. I also noticed that the little pub just out of town at Apple Tree Creek is having Phil Emanuel play at their pub on the Saturday night with free camping and free show and a $12 roast dinner. So we are heading there to get a good seat and watch this amazing guitarist and then go to the Festival on the Sunday to see some more amazing artists. They have 7 stages of entertainment going all day on the Sunday and all types of food for sale. It should be a great weekend and i will take photos and tell you all about it on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Wendy








Childers Festival Of Cultures



2 comments:

  1. Gosh, what a bargain hunter you are!
    The party looks like it was fabulous fun too.
    Just make sure to think of us all while you are relaxing in your beer garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I got even more bargains again Bruise Mouse. Thanks for dropping by. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.