unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Monday, July 18, 2011

$2.00 bargains - don't you love them!!!

I went to the markets yesterday morning. I got more fresh produce and these most adorable denim overalls for my grand daughter Charlotte. I am sure they will fit her. I cannot wait to give them to her. $2.00 my friends. $2.00. What an absolute score.


Fresh juicy pineapple $2. Mandarins $2 for a bag full. Oranges $2 for a bag full. Limes $2 for a bag full. Lemon Grass plant for the garden $3.00.

I am going to make lime cordial for the pantry. I am also making lemon and lime butter tomorrow.

I was at a friends today and I noticed that their neighbour had a mandarin tree that was loaded with ripe fruit and that it was even falling on the ground and no one was picking any of it. What an absolute waste. Anyway my friend said that have tried to give them away and apparently no one wants them. I put my hand up and hopefully they are juicy and yummy. I will then can them all ready for salads, tarts, pies and cakes. I am astounded at the food waste I see sometimes. Surely they could have picked them and given to a food bank in town - surely that would not have been to much trouble. I see this so often and it breaks my heart.

I have added a recipe to my homemade page - Baked Steak. This is a wonderful recipe to make steak so tender that it just melts in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.