unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Manifesting A Dream

We sat down for a coffee while doing some gardening and I looked up and noticed two trees growing through and over the power line coming to the house. Problem fixed now but I sure am glad that we noticed it and could cut it down safely before a storm knocked it over and ripped the lines from the house. Very Thankful.


We got home from our Christmas away and sat on our back step to have a cuppa and these two beautiful Kangaroos came to say hello. We have seen Mama since her baby was in the puch and they now come to visit as a pair. Baby is growing so quickly.


I just had to share this photo - I love it. This is my nephew and my grand daughter. Do they look like they share a secret. Even with 8 years betwen them they seem to just "get each other".
This photo just makes me smile.

" ALL SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE HAVE A GOAL.
NO ONE CAN GET ANYWHERE UNLESS
HE KNOWS WHERE HE WANTS TO GO
AND WHAT HE WANTS TO DO"
Norman Vincent Peale

I was given a lovely book by my cousins Patti and Ron for Christmas. The Complete Pocket Positves. This verse was one I read this moring while having my morning cuppa. It made me really stop and think. I am in no way complaining about my life thus far but I realised quite profoundly how we often get what we subconsciously dream and crave for. My life thus far has been a maze of unseen roads and tracks that I have taken quite literally at random and with very little thought as to where I was actually headed. I seem to have been quite impulsive at times and have never had my feet firmly planted in the ground. I have often made plans and yes to some degree stuck to them but generally they are simple plans that are easy to achieve or larger plans and goals not yet achieved, if ever they will be. I just thought about how my life has had no real direction. I thought of goals and plans but ended up just drifting from one thing to the next.

Then it struck me very clearly that in many ways I have lived a dream. ALWAYS in the back of my head and in my inner heart I have craved the life of wandering. I even use that name as a user name often. Wanderer. I have over these many years quite often daydreamed about the wandering life. The gypsy life. Taking a fork in a road just to see where it ends up. No real set plan. Just travel around this amazing country of mine and just wander. My favorite weekend away is to just jump in the car and drive and just see where I end up. Who I will meet and talk to.

Somehow - and I am not sure how to explain it - but I think this dream has been manifesting itself in so many ways throughout my life.

I have changed this year past. I am more than capable of staying at home. Of staying put in one place. Of enjoying my own company and of always being able to find something to do which entertains me. I was giving up on my dream - my hidden desire to wander - and over the past year I have come to make a decision for myself. And that was that I was going. It may not be forever but it would be at least for 12 months. I may do this and then do it again. I do not know. All I know is that I am going to go. Since I have decided that that is it and that this will happen I have become more steady in my actual day to day life. I  often daydream a little about traveling but I feel calm and centred in the knowledge that it will happen and will happen within the next few years or so.

I am so glad that I was paying attention when this insight was shown to me this morning.

Cheers,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous part of the world you live in. It must be amazing having so much wildlife on your back door.
    Congratulations on making a decision about travelling. I really think once the decision is made, the rest is so much easier. Having a goal to work towards makes so many other things worthwhile. A whole new adventure lays ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - that's so true - once the decision is made the rest gets easier - I have done this before when I was not sure how I was going to finish paying for a trip away. I booked the airfare and the rest happened then. So in the next year or so I will buy the vehicle - camper - trailer - whatever to do this trip. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.