unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

360 Degrees Longitude

This is the most beautiful wattle that is flowering all around here at the moment. Do not know the name of it and don't really need to - it is gorgeous and abundant and glorious to look at.


Good Tuesday Evening To You All

I just finished reading a book called 360 Degrees Longitude by John Higham.
Link to website here....
It is an excellent book about one family's journey around the world together in one year. I recommend it as an awesome read. I was further impressed when I discovered that half the proceeds of the sale of this book go to Kiva


What a cool photo - wish I had taken it but this was just one of a selection sent to me on an email....

Okay - what else have I been up to...... life..... wishful thinking...... dreaming.......pleading ignorance.....avoidance.... cleaning.... etc etc etc

Biggest thing on my mind at the moment is the fact that there is such a huge difference between what I know and what I do.

I am currently choosing to close that gap. CLOSE THE GAP between knowing and doing.

I realised that I didn't need to read another book - learn another thing - persue more information.

The thought occured to me that I already have the information - I am already in information overload actually.

I know what makes me feel lighter, breezier, happier - I know what makes me smile - laugh - giggle. I know what lifts my spirits. I know what foods to eat that work well with my body - I know how good yoga makes me feel - I know that not smoking lets me breathe - I know - I know - I know......


Not sure where I got this photo from - it is perfect for what I am writing about here....


Cheers,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. I think that’s the problem Sis .. we all instinctively know ! But it's the doing that’s an issue ..

    It's good to see one of your Blogs again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have been doing - and patting myself on the back for what I have achieved and know that I am trying. It was great to have a chat today - love ya, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.