unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Friday, October 1, 2010

Teapots Of Flowers

Teacups. I love drinking out of teacups. Below is a picture of my lovely teapot just given to me by sister in law and great friend Carmen. I have put a picture of it undressed and a picture dressed in it's colourful cosy. I love tea made with tea leaves. It is better than tea bags. I get to go back for seconds or thirds - depending on how much water and leaves I put in it. This is a very good teapot as it does not dribble. So I am on the lookout for a teacup and saucer.




Now I have never been a collector of things. I also have never been a real gardener. For some reason these two things have entwined and I now collect any old teapot that someone will part with. I am also having fun finding the 1 and 2 dollar pots at the markets. Never any more than that as they are to become teapots of flowers. I absolutely love  fresh flowers and they cost so much and die so quickly. Why not a teapot full of blooms that I can move around and put in the house whenever I feel like. I can change them over to the current seasons flowers as needed.





It was my birthday the other day and Mick took me to the markets on Sunday and then for fish and chips at the beach. Then he was going to take me to the movies but I wanted to spend the money on plants and potting mix. Then I spent a lovely few hours later in the afternoon potting them all up. Below is some photos of what I did. They are still babies so not all of them have flowers as yet. I will update the photos when they come to life with colour.




Bargara Water Front, Qld, Australia

These only lasted a few weeks but the birds and bees loved them and hopefully I will get another spray of flowers again. They looked like fairy floss. Just gorgeous.


Rainy afternoon at our place.


And last but definately the most important - my grand daughter Charlotte who is just about 6 months old now and loves her Grammy to bits.

Thanks for reading and I will be back tomorrow. Leave a HELLO in the comments.
Cheers, Wendy


6 comments:

  1. Hey there Wendy,

    My nan collects Tea Pots and she has some great ones. Yours look so good with the plants in them. Charlotte is beautiful and I am sure she loves her Grammy very much. Hope you Mick and the family are all well and hope you had a nice birthday.

    Love Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the idea of growing my flowers in teapots. Love love love. So much so that I may have to steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael - thanks for stopping by. I had a lovely birthday.

    Veronica - feel free to pinch the idea. I think the whole world could do with teapots full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy..happy belated birthday! Tea pots of flowers are a beautiful concept, and more beautiful because the idea came from you! Hope you had a lovely time and I always enjoy looking at your pictures of a different part of the world! Love Katherine in Seattle....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stan - I have visited your blog - I will follow along. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.