unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE PERFECT PROTEST

I have just spent a pleasant couple of hours catching up on blogs that I follow. All very thought provoking and interesting. But one post today stood out to me so much and I am making a wish right here and now.

THAT YOU CLICK ON THE BELOW LINKS AND HAVE A LOOK.

The post I read was on the blog Eat At Dixiebelles and the post is called "I Thought It Was Just Me But It Isn't." Sometimes you read something and it feels like someone has got inside your head and you connect with that person and truly feel an agreement and an understanding deep down that connects you to the writer. Well that happened for me when I read this post.

I don't feel any need to write my own words when it is written so well here -
Eat At Dixiebelles - I Thought It Was Just Me But ItIsn't

In this post is links to a wonderful speaker and author who has now captured my interest. I have put the link here as well to her blog and what is called THE PERFECT PROTEST. For a perfectionist like myself it is the perfect (pun intended) protest. I am going to join in and send in my protest photo. Make sure you take a look.

Ordinary Courage - The Perfect Protest

Then on this blog Brene Brown puts link to a blog where Joy protests Perfection with a silly dance and song. It is so uplifting and even though I have only just started reading her blog and I have never met her she makes me smile and laugh and feel joy and just simply makes me want to step of the Perfection Bus and start walking. See the link below to this blog.

Super Silly Dance Protest

Please leave a comment and I hope you enjoy it and learn as much as I have today - a quite Sunday at home alone. I won't write to much more as it is the above links I want you to read and watch and we can talk about the topic further in a few days once you have a chance to take a look for yourselves.

Cheers,

Wendy

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Silly Dance. I wish I could dance like that. She is one cool lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh Nevyn she is isn't she - I really like her blog as well. Love her message. Did you take a look at her other video of her body - it is really great as well. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.