unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homemade Gifts and my views on gift giving.

Today I started to wrap up some homemade Christmas Gifts in preparation for the hassle free Christmas day I will have. Above is some blank cards that I decorated with scrap paper pieces. They can be used for birthdays, thankyous etc. I really like these and I know I would love to receive something like this as a gift.


This is a pretty white picture frame that I put in a page from a magazine. I have someone who is a bit craft in the family and she will get this for Christmas and some cards. The words written on it are below.


Risk more than others this is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.

I also found a calendar today that was quite inspirational. Just lovely. Now I know this seems cheap when I say it was $2.50 but again I thought it was just lovely and again I will give a little pack of notecards with this as well. It is definately something I would love to receive.


My wish for is,
Enough happiness to keep you sweet,
Enough trials to keep you strong,
Enough success to keep you eager,
Enough faith to give you courage,
And enough determination to make each day a good day.



MY FAVORITE
Do not spoil what you have now by desiring what you have not.
Remember that what you have now  was once among the things you hoped for.

I am having a lot of fun making things slowly but surely as gifts. I have a few things on the go and as I finish each one I will let you all see pictures of them. My family over the past few years have come to expect some homemade goodies from me. Usually food. This year I am mixing it up a bit.

I have read a lot of posts about peoples views on gift giving and mine is simple. WOULD I LIKE TO RECEIVE IT? It is not about the cost of the item and if it is then it does not fall under the catergory of GIFT to me. A gift is from the heart. And if the receiver doesn't think it's good enough or makes you feel bad for giving it to them then I would say it might be time to stop giving gifts to that person.

Anyway I am of  to attempt to get my sewing machine bobbin filled with a different colour cotton to sew up the squares I have to make a patchwork tablecloth. (never done that before) and sew up a few cushions in the most gorgeous satin fabric.

Cheers,

Wendy

3 comments:

  1. This year, I'm trying to cross stitch gifts for family. It's a humble attempt as finishing projects is very new to me but it comes from the heart. I think most will appreciate just being thought of.

    It's harder when gifting children...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,

    Lovely site, keep up the fine work!

    I’d like to invite you to become a fan of my “Inspire!” Facebook page. Stop by any time for some positive, uplifting messages and to leave your own comments. Thanks!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Parsley. I agree that is is harder to make gifts for children but then again they are usually easily pleased. i just went to a car boot sale and picked up a Fisher Price toy for $10 in perfect brand new condition and that will go to my new grand daughter for her first christmas. She will be at the correct age for the toy and get the most out of it. It also saved having another thing made - transported - packaged etc etc.

    Thanks Ron for stopping by. Cheers to you both, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.