unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Monday, September 20, 2010

I Finally Eat My Pineapple - A Walk Through My Garden

Daisy's

Lavender
Like little stars.

King Parrots in my front arden. I was sitting in my office and managed to get some reat shots of my little visitors. Such brilliant red and green colours.

Isn't this just so beautiful. Delicate. Gorgeous.


Black Eyed Susan all along my front fence



Red Geranium

More Daisy's in my rock garden



Parsley on my kitchen bench

My shallots are flowering - it looks like seeds - does anyone know if I can collect these seeds and grow more shallots from them?

Rosemary

The rosemary has a little blue flower on it as well.

The coriander has gone to seed. Can anyone tell me please when I pick them. Should I pick them while they are still green or should I wait for them to go brown?

More coriander flowering and going to seed.

My pineapple is HUGE and has started to change colour. It is turning orange from the bottom up. It is so heavy that is is on a lean on the plant. I have had to cage it so the possums do not get it before I do. I have to go away for a few days and I am concerned that it will ripen in the next few days while away so I think I will pick this and let it finish ripening inside my home.

Flowering native shrub. I think it might be a type of wattle. I don't know. All I know is that these little shrubs are all around the place and the yellow is so brilliant. Gorgeous.


I pick the pineapple in the early morning. Still in PJ's.

Such a huge pineapple. Everyone is looking forward to a slice.

And it tastes SOOOO GOOD. perfect, juicy, summery and I now have another plant starting to flower. Next season I will get two pineapples and the year after I have about 6 that will all get fruit on at about the same time. That's when I will learn all about preserving them.


5 comments:

  1. Love this Blog Sis ... You both have a very special place up there ! I envy you

    Cheers

    Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic blog! And congrats on living simply.
    Mark
    http://minimalistlifestyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is GORGEOUS! It may just be because I have minor garden envy (a paddock, with nothing but grass, no flowers, few trees. yay).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou all so much for reading and posting a comment. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you live in paradise Wendy! You are for sure blessed. Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hi every now and then...it means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.