unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Two New Poems by Me.....

I will write the next post about ME tomorrow.

Today I want to share two poems I wrote a few nights ago.

I had just watched Crash Course by Chris Martensons

and Fall Of The Republic

and The Corporation

over the past few nights. Now you can take the time to look at them if you wish. There is no one making you do this. Like me you can just get informed. You do not have to take on board everything you hear and see but you can be a little bit more informed and go away and research for yourself what is in these few films.

YOU CAN"T KEEP BUYING STUFF...

You can't keep buying stuff
It comes from somewhere you know
and when you've had enough of it
where do you think it goes?

Have you ever stopped to think
How much is enough?
How much do you need
of all this stuff?

Why does it make you feel good?
What role is it playing?
Are you happy for  but a moment
as you hand over the the dough?

Do you ever give a thought
to how this stuff was made?
Where it came from
and what and where is it's grave?

Maybe you complain about governments and such,
Maybe you find blame in everyone else.
It's them doing the wrong thing you say
but it's them that your helping.

Do you ever take the time
to calculate your value?
How many hours of toil
does it take you to buy that?

Then when it's all over
the love affair with that thing,
that item purchased in haste
to make you feel great,
then what do you think happens?

It just all goes AWAY.

Have you ever thought about AWAY?

by Wendy House 27/4/2010


and

BLIND AND STUPID

Are you so blind you will not see?
Are you so busy you cannot watch
two hours of a documentary
and not two hours of TV?
Are you so ignorant
and think all is okay,
that things can go on indefinately
and your life won't change?
What do you hold onto?
What do you covet with might?
I covet freedom
to live as I choose
to grow my own seed
to drink the rain that falls on me
to eat what I have grown.
I covet freedom
to share knowledge
and prsoper
but not at the price of some other person
and not at the expense of my Earth.
Are you so blind
that you do not notice?
Or are you so stupid
that you just don't see?

by Wendy House 27/7/2010


Comments are welcome and I send Cheers and Peace to you all,

Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    I liked your poems. You should send them to "letters to the editor" of your local news paper.

    I haven't seen any of those docos but I'll have to check them out later, when I'm not running low on battery power and not feeling so dammed depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nevyn. Maybe I will. Yep maybe if you too down in dumps then don't watch them just yet. But I am getting better at watching and sifting through the detail and not letting it get to me. Hard though I admit. But I would much prefer to be informed than to be ignorant. It might not help things much but at least I can be prepared for change even though it is mostly mentaly at the moment. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.