unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Friday, July 9, 2010

Monday Walk and Grandma's Cubby House

On Monday Mick and I went to do quotes for work at Noosa. We stopped on the way home and went to Tinbeerwah Lookout. It is in Tinbeerwah Forest Reserve. It was simply beautiful and that one short hour was enough to lift my spirits and ground me all at the same time.


This is Black Boy tree that grows prolifically in our area. Actually it grows all over Australia. I won't go into the details here but this specimen would be very old indeed to be this big. It is way taller than Mick and he is nearly 6 foot.


The view to the Glasshouse mountains. Just stunning.

This looks like something out of a fairy tale.

I took photos from each of the sides of this lookout. It has 360 degrees views out to the ocean and back towards the mountains and farmland.

Now on a different note. I was in town the other day and spotted this caravan. It made me smile. In Australia we have many people travelling around the country and constantly leaving the cold weather behind. At the moment we have many people travelling up the state of Queensland as it is the best time of year to be there. Perfect weather with no chance of cyclones and you can swim in the warm waters without fear of box jelly fish and the like. I chatted to the elderly couple when they came back to their van and they told me how the sign on the back came about. Their little great grand daughter was lifted into the van when they were visiting her family and she stopped on the step and said " WOW. Grandma and Grandpa's Cubby House". So they wrote it on the back and it always gets attention and a chat with the locals of where they happen to be staying. I loved it.

I have started another blog. The link is here.Bauple Homesteaders Group. I was finding that a lot of what I was writing on this blog would be better of on one of it's own. Recipes and such. My daughter and I are trying to build a bit of a community group in our area. I am no expert and am flying by the seat of my pants but it is so needed in this area and I thought. Just do it. Start it up yourself. So my list of homemade goodies will move over to that blog and all the recipes and anything else to do with living sustainably will be on that blog as well. I am sure they will sometimes overlap. I am quite excited about it and looking forward to our little group growing in people who want to share their skills and friendship.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

Cheers, Wendy

4 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy

    I haven't done any blog reading for a while. Have been kinda busy. So it's lovely and refreshing to read your blog again! The cobblestone paths in Tinbeerwah forest do look like they're from a fairy tale...quite unusual...I like them.

    The poem preceding your post is great! I love it. We hadn't had any tv signal for 3 weeks here at home and I was in no hurry to have it repaired. Hubby organised to have it done on Sunday. I didn't miss it, and didn't even turn it on until last night just to watch the news. I would prefer not to have TV. I don't get time to watch anyway. That's something I love about Anthony's parents place...they don't have TV! They have never had one in their house, so Anthony grew up without TV. I love going over there, because there is always stimulating conversation. Time is given (like in the verse) to say hallo and goodbye and share eachothers stories over a cup of tea. At times, if Phil is off with Billie (her grandmother) in the garden, the rest of us will either talk (often about politics) or we might just find a quiet corner and read a book or the paper until Phil and Billie return. It's just so lovely! There's so much more connection with each other.

    Sorry to rave...thanks for today's post...just lovely as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry
    It is great to hear from you. Check this link out with a post about TV watching. http://littleecofootprints.typepad.com/little_eco_footprints/2010/07/i-unplugged-and-picked-up-the-tv-and.html
    Just copy and paste it.
    Then check out her latest post on using pallets - amazing.
    Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that link Wendy...great blog, and great post! I've sent the link to Anthony's email, hoping he'll think about it. Moving the TV to the office/common room might be a good compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous walk. It's amazing how even an hour out in nature can cleanse the soul and rejuvenate us. I so miss that, we don't have a lot of nice areas to walk around here (never mind the hot, humid summer weather).

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.