unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

HOME - glorious, wonderful, peaceful, snuggly home

My Home

I feel so secure in your walls
I feel so loved behind your doors
I feel so calm when I sit on your stairs
Your view is amazing, especially the sunsets
I never tire of you
You have stolen my heart
You are the first to have ever got me to want to stay home.

Wendy House 1/6/2010
My back steps - freshly painted

Hibiscus in flower - absolutely beautiful

Camp fire to sit around

My Garden

Home Grown Chillies being made into Sweet Chilli Sauce

Fresh Mint growing beside the back stairs

My fridge with all my messages to myself

A local rsident - Kookaburra

One of the reminders on my fridge

Learning to Sew on my bargain flea market sewing machine

More reminders on my fridge

A simple meal prepared with love

Flowers growing in an old tree stump

More flowers in my garden

My husband Mick and I made our bed the other night and in one of his common wise moments he said, "Everything makes a nest..." I just loved what he said and I snuggled down in our nest for another good nights sleep.



5 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy

    Some lovely pics, and ideas. I love the tree stump you've made into a garden. I have a stump just recently cut, and it's too uneven to place a pot on top, but you've given me the solution! Thanks!

    Home is definitely where the heart is, and I love sitting out front or out the back patio enjoying my garden. I'm always mulling over the next plant to buy and I go over in my head which particular plant would suit the location, and what atmosphere or picture I want to create. What colours do I want? Which season do I want which plants to flower? Which fragrances would I enjoy in my garden, etc, etc.

    And of course, there's always inside. I love to create that warm, inviting feeling, and so I have many lamps to create that ambience. I love nothing more than lighting the candles in our room, climbing into bed and covering myself with the doona. The lamp is soft and low, I have a cup of tea beside me, and I read and savour that time to myself before sleep.

    Thanks...I enjoyed your post...lots of wonderful images of home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much Kerry and Aine for your comments. It has been another wonderful day at home today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Wendy,
    I can't tell you how much your blog means to me and want you to know that the beautiful pictures you post lift my spirits beyond words. Thank you for your wonderful blog and sharing you life with so many. You have a lovely garden. That is one of my passions, flowers. They lift me up spiritually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much Judy. I am glad you enjoy the photos and posts. I have taken more photos of flowers so they will be on here soon.Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.