unashamedly all about me.... Wendy
what I think.... what I feel.... my emotions... my gut feelings... what I eat... what I believe...what beliefs are changing... what I am doing....where I am going... what I am creating...recipes I love.... books I read.... poetry I write....things that rock my boat and interest me....and also the other way around...our conversation together...our learning together...our sharing together... WELCOME

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TIME FOR ACTION and fresh cotton hankies


Well what a wonderful day. I feel at the moment that my mind is going to burst as it is so full of ideas and thoughts. I don't even know where to start with writing and trying to get into words what is in my head.

Over the past few months I have had many things happen in my life to make me stop and consider where I am heading and what was the purpose of it all. I started this blog and in the beginning I listed what my ideal persona would be - what did I really want to be like - I just read it again and it hasn't changed. My list of goals for myself hasn't really changed and I am content to leave them the way they are.

Broad Water Haven, Rules Beach, Qld

For many years - most of my life - I have always wanted to go - just get going - go somewhere - do something - but under no circumstances did I want to stay at home. I didn't want to be boring and honestly held the belief that home was just somewhere to sleep and entertain friends and get ready to go to some place else. This is not the post to get into on why I was like this. The fact is that that is what I was like and since I have moved to my new home a few years back I HAVE CHANGED.

I never want to go out any more - I love my home - I feel safe here - I enjoy myself - and I enjoy my life.Yes there are things that I still want to do but that list has changed slowly over the years as well. My beliefs have come into line gradually with how I am living. Or should I say my life is gradually coming into line with my beliefs.

Since finding blogs and finding a whole world out there of information on how to achieve living the way I wanted to and learning more about the things that I believed in MY LIFE HAS SETTLED. I didn't have labels for my beliefs. I just read about stuff and investigated something further if it interested me or if I wanted to be able to have an opinion on something. I am now finding others who can express so eloquently what is in my head. The biggest challenge at the moment is to walk away from the computer and do the stuff I am learning. I have realised that it has come time to start doing what I have learnt. I can still keep exploring and each day brings something new but it is time to truly start to ACT.

Country Church in Country Queensland, Australia

Like I said, I am a big believer of self education. If you don't know something and want to know then go find out. There is no excuses in this world of information at your fingertips and free librarys and classes etc. I get very frustrated when someone just says something is so just BECAUSE. Tell me why you believe that - tell me where you learnt this information - let us discuss what I have heard and what you have heard and then lets learn more together. Well that is my utopia in my head. People communicating and sharing and learning together.

Then today in a ramble of a conversation I was having with my wonderful husband and my wonderful friend my brother I realised something. I have always been a person to stand of in the shadows. I don't like to be up front. I don't like people to think I think better of myself. I am afraid of saying something in case I don't have all the information correct the first time. And yet I have always been a leader in my work and family and friendships. I lead without even trying. So instead of sitting around my little home town complaining there are no other like minded people - or events - or anyone trying to help others understand our world and how they can make a difference and help themselves and our planet - well maybe I have to step up and start something. I have no idea what that would be but I do know where I can start.

Local Sugar Cane farm being burnt of

On the weekend I spent sometime with some old friends and it was a wonderful weekend. It was good to actually get away and it did me no much good. It was very interesting because this was a catalyst for my final pondering and writing this tonight. My friends and I have known each other for many years. We have not seen each other very often and we last caught up 12 months ago. They work very long hours and their lives are very busy and getting a weekend that suited everyone was interesting to say the least. I was part of that life up until about 3 years ago. I had started to question things before that but it was about 3 years ago that my husband and I put the wheels in motion to make the change we did and move away from the city and become self employed. I had so many things I wanted to do on our 3 acres and we have achieved a fair bit but it is really time to start doing what I set out to do and have fun along the way.

What's that saying that goes something like this - "Knowledge without action is just knowledge". Not having some action seems pointless.

The below link is one of the blogs that I love to read. So much that inspires me and so many beliefs that I have. Take a look around this blog when you have the time.

One Green Generation

One of the things that I have been thinking of and gradually doing is to look at my shopping list and see if there are any items on that list that I could make myself. I find that often I can make an item cheaper but it isn't always about the dollars. It is about not buying another piece of packaging when I can make something at home and recycle containers I already have. It is about knowing what is in my food and products I use in my home or on my body. It is about feeling like I am just that little bit more self suffient. It is about learning new skills so I know I can manage when times are tough. It just just about doing things for myself and it it simply makes me feel good.

I purchased myself a second hand sewing machine recently and have finally sewn some straight lines. You see I have simply no sewing skills at all but I am going to learn. One thing at a time. One of the items on my shopping list was tissues. No more tissues in my home. I had an old sheet in a lovely faded lilac colour and it has now been cut into numerous squares and will each be hemmed into hankies tomorrow. I have a lovely cane basket and all the freshly washed hankies will go into this basket and when me or Mick need to we can just grab a fresh hanky. I just cannot consciuosly use tissues - even if they arer labelled "Green". I don't care how recycled something is and even if the packaging breaks down in my compost - it had to be manufactured and it is truly something I can do without.

Anyway this blog is getting very long so I will say goodnight or good day - whichever is the case and will follow on with this tomorrow.

Peace to you all,
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Wendy,
    It is such a pleasure for me to read your blogs. I love the pictures you post, they give me such peace. Like you, my home is where my heart is and if I never get to experience travel or anything else interesting, then I am OK with that and content to enjoy my home and having my husband with me. Thank you for your comments on my blog, they tell me that I am not alone in our journey. Love your posts and your wisdom. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy - I am glad you are enjoying the photos. And the same goes to you. It is nice knowing someone is reading what we write. If only one person gets something from our words then that is all that matters. Have a good weekend. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never fail to amaze me Sis, the more you try not to lead ~ the more you blaze a trail for all to follow !

    Lots'a'love ~ Your Friend

    Bro

    ReplyDelete

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU VISITING AND READING MY BLOG AND I GET VERY EXCITED WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS.